Large contemporary architect designed luxury house, built to an excellent standard, with spectacular panoramic views, plus large, heated swimming pool set in one hectare of land within the regional park, with views across to the beautiful historic town of Penne.
The house is laid out over three floors, comprising 350 square metres of high-quality accommodation, 6 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms (all with walk-in showers, one also with bath), spacious games room and a large double garage. If you are after a large house of real quality and character, this is the one to see. Casa del Colle sits on the top of a hill with breath-taking 360 views, a large saltwater swimming pool (6x14 metres) heated by solar panels to afford an extended season, to enjoy the large terrace with its remarkable artisan built pergola and large private grounds.
On the first floor are 4 of the bedrooms, three with spacious balconies and there is a large terrace off the upstairs hallway. The ground floor is laid out as a very large sitting room with a feature contemporary fireplace and a spacious kitchen/living room with wood burner. On the lower ground floor is a large games room, two further bedrooms and bathroom (that can be converted into separate flat if required), and a double garage. The lower ground floor can be accessed via internal staircase but also has its own independent external entrance.
Built 10 years ago at a cost of over €700.000 this house represents exceptional value for money and the construction cost is an indication of the attention to detail and quality of materials used by the owners.
Inside the flooring is granite throughout (including all 4 balconies and external staircase), high quality Duravit sanitary ware with Grohe taps and thermostatic showers. Other features include
- 6 burner range cooker with large kitchen and separate walk in larder
- Underfloor heating on all floors
- Pre-disposition for easy installation of air conditioning if required (the location of the house at the top of a hill makes this very much optional)
- The house is currently laid out as 5/6 bedrooms but was built with pre-dispositions to make the lower ground floor into a separate flat with its own entrance as an option.
- Walk in hall cupboard
- Wifi and TV points.
- All three floors have both central and individual controls for operating the electric shutters
Outside the house has simply stunning views: the Majella mountains in one direction, the Gran Sasso towering over the house on the other and in the distance, the sea. In the evening enjoy the terrace with views of nearby Penne town and in the distance the towns of Atri and Chieti. Other features to note:
- Large saltwater pool 6 x14 metres with a deep end, waterspout, massage spa, outside shower and summer and winter covers. The pool is run from a separate technical room on the lower ground floor with a heat exchanger from the solar panels
- There are external electrical sockets to the house and within the pergola, lighting in the pergola and around the house as well as in the swimming pool.
- High quality stone terracing and paths throughout
- Enormous hand-crafted pergola made from galvanised powder coated steel, designed to the owners demanding specifications
- Professionally installed large pizza oven comprising granite worktop and adjoining integrated BBQ
- Large storage tanks fed from an outside well/rainwater that runs a professionally installed irrigation system that waters all the lawns, plants and if needed the orchard
- Orchard comprising a large range of fruit and nut trees
- 34 mature olive trees and a 17 younger trees along the drive.
- Mature hedges including Oleander and Lavender that thrive with bees in the summer.
- underground propane tank that runs the gas cooker and (if needed) the gas boiler for hot water and heating (rarely used by the owners who rely on solar panels supplemented by wood burning back boiler.
The house has a sophisticated and cost effective heating system: solar panels that provide all the hot water that is needed for much of the year (and heats the swimming pool in the summer) with a wood burner with back boiler in the family room that provides hot water to the comprehensive under floor heating system in the winter. Although rarely used there is also a gas boiler that can provide heat if the back boiler is not being used. The system is run from a separate technical room on the lower ground floor with a large hot water tank to store the hot water from the back boiler and solar panels.
For those looking for investment potential this house offers considerable opportunities for rental income including the potential to (with minimum cost) create a separate self-contained flat for the owners whilst the remainder is let out.